- What is a kinderBAND™?
- The kinderBAND™ is a custom molded cranial remolding orthosis. It is also referred to as a cranial helmet, cranial band and/or orthosis. IIt is cleared by the FDA, as required by all cranial orthoses. The kinderBAND™ is manufactured by BioSculptor.
- What is the Back to Sleep campaign?
- In 1994, the National Institute of Child Health and Development (NICHD) and its partners, including the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) and SIDS Alliance, launched the Back to Sleep campaign. The campaign focused on raising awareness with caregivers that placing infants on their backs to sleep reduced the risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS). Between1992 and 2001, SIDS rates in the United States declined by over 50 percent. This dramatic decrease has been attributed to more infants being placed to sleep on their backs and is based on national surveys conducted during this ten year period.
- What is the Safe to Sleep campaign?
- The Safe to Sleep campaign is an expansion of the original Back to Sleep campaign—aiming to educate caregivers and health care providers about ways to reduce the risk for Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) and other sleep-related causes of infant death. The expanded Safe to Sleep campaign builds on the success and reach of the Back to Sleep campaign. In addition to strategies for reducing the risk of SIDS, Safe to Sleep also describes actions that caregivers can take to reduce the risk of other sleep-related causes of infant death, such as suffocation.